Friday, August 28, 2009

Just a Typo Away From Retirement

I was trying to figure out what Sharon from "Musings of a Midlife Mom" was talking about when she commented on my last post.

What? Me retire at age 59? How does that work when I'm already 60 years old?

OK, so I made a typo. After sixty years on this planet, I'm entitled to a typo or two. Or five.

69 years old, NOT 59! 69!

That's the current plan, God and my health willing. Of course, I'd be happy to retire sooner.

Maybe I could win the lottery?

God, are you paying attention?

I wonder if I have to buy a ticket first?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I thought it was odd also: the 59 years old, being that I knew you were 60.

Oh well, back to the drawing board. But it was a nice thought. While it lasted.

Sharon said...

Ah, 69. Okay, well, join the rest of us then. :)! And yes, a typo is certainly understandable. And, actually, I knew you were 60 too, but I didn't make the connection. Duh..

Bucksome said...

Unfortunately, the lottery rules do require that you buy a ticket.

I think the odds are better with your current plan!

Anonymous said...

You can't win if you don't play. Just remember it only takes one ticket to win. I always wonder when I see people who can least afford it buying $50.00 worth. I guess a fool and his money are soon parted. Have to run and buy my ticket.

See Ya