My 2010 goals will look a lot like my 2009 goals, which, in turn greatly resembled my 2008 goals.
Which, if you are reading between the lines, tells you that I have yet to ever meet my annual financial goals.
Isn't it the definition of insanity to keep doing the same things and expecting a different result?
Ah well. My new plan is to institute smaller, quarterly goals that should lead me to year-end achievement of the bigger goals.
SO--here are Grace's Personal Finance Goals for 2010:
1. Reduce credit card/personal loan/auto loan debt by at least $6000.
2. Have $1000 emergency savings plan in effect by February 28 and keep it fully funded for the rest of the year.
3. Contribute $17,010 to 401(k). (This is a very slight increase of $12.50 per paycheck--I don't know yet if I'll get a pay raise in 2010.)
4. Drive less. Walk more or take public transportation since I have an annual pass.
5. Figure out how to use those cute graphic do-hickeys on my blog to chart my progress on these goals.
To everyone--here's hoping that the coming year and decade is fullfilling and prosperous for you all.