Thursday, December 31, 2009

Final 2009 Net Worth Report

My net worth is now $563,743. Oddly, given that my 401(k) is increasing quite well, the total figure is $9979 less than that of the quarter ending September 30,2009.

The culprit is my home, which slid in value by nearly $25,000. I'm assuming that's the result of decreased sales during the winter, and the fact that residences in the Pacific Northwest held their value longer than other parts of the country, but now lag behind in the recovery.

However, my minivan purchase actually helped my net worth in that it is worth more than I paid for it. And, of course, the rest of my indebtedness has gone down slightly.

So, overall, I'm pleased. My net worth increased 8% over the course of 2009.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Grace,
Sounds good. You're half a millionaire. Let's just hope *H E* doesn't butt in and make some derogatory comment. Yuck.

Happy New Year.

MasterPo said...

Good for you!

But IMO including the value of your vehicle is cheating. Even if book value is more than what you paid it will drop soooooo much in value in just a short time anyway as soon as you own it.

Just like you didn't pay book for it I highly doubt you'll get someone else to pay book (or more) for it if you had to sell it (and next to nothing if you had to borrow against it).