Perhaps, before moving on to my 2009 Goals, I should look at my 2008 goals?
Then again, maybe not. Sigh. OK, here they are, direct from my 2007 wrap-up post:
1. Reduce non-mortgage debt by $6000;
2. Do not increase credit card or loan debt;
3. Add at least $12,300 to 401(k).
How did I do? Well, the non-mortgage debt was decreased by $2000 so I didn't get even 50% toward my goal. Not increasing credit card or loan debt? Umm--well, if you only look at the end of the year, I met that goal, except that I really didn't since I incurred some increases during the spring and summer that I didn't manage to pay off until this past month.
And that last goal?
Well, Grace did her part! But the economy swallowed it all up!
So,let's try this again for 2009:
1. Pay off at least $6000 in non-mortgage debt.
2. Do not increase debts on credit cards or lines of credit AT ANY TIME during the year.
3. Add $12,300 to my 401(k).
Happy New Year to one and all. If 2009 isn't prosperous, at least let it be frugal.