Saturday, October 31, 2009

October Update and Happy Halloween

One thing about having 6 and 7 year old live-in grandkids--you discover that Halloween is a MAJOR holiday. The costume planning has been going on for days as have elaborate discussions of the best neighborhoods to hit up for candy. It's been a long time since I've had kids at home who went trick or treating, but I'm enjoying it. We have instituted the "Grandma gets all the Tootsie Rolls" rule, so I'm planning to receive my share of treats as well.

In the meantime, October proved to be a better month for debt reduction than I anticipated.

Altogether, I brought my debt down by $801.99.

It would take a miracle to do the same for November or December--I'm just hoping I don't further into debt during those months.

8 comments:

Bucksome said...

Grace, I'm so impressed on your debt reduction amount with the increased household size.

Hope you had your share of tootsie rolls last night.

Sharon said...

$800 is huge! Good for you!

Halloween is actually dying down in our home. Only one child went out....

I claimed all of the almond joys....not too many though.

Anonymous said...

Keep up the good work Grace. Great job.

See Ya

Living Almost Large said...

Congrats on the debt reduction.I think I increased mine.

Shevy said...

Good job on the $800 debt reduction. I'm afraid I only reduced my credit card debt by $1 this past month! Sigh. All the rest just covered the interest.

Dawn said...

It actually sounds like that is the perfect age for enjoying the holiday. Good job on the debt!

Lucy said...

Oh Halloween! I remember... we would collect popcorn balls and fudge and all sorts of homemade treats...
Isn't it a shame the children don't get those anymore?
And... I also remember throwing some of those same treats out because the creator didn't know how to cook!

Carol said...

Even if you do end up having to go into debt in the next month or two, just remember how much worse it could have been if you had not learned all of the skills you have now!