A bunch of small things on my mind on this beautiful Friday (The weatherman is promising a nice week-end as well, but he's fickle and untrustworthy.):
1. A fair number of bloggers are getting burned out worrying about their finances. KemKem, at Life As I know It, and Karissa at Keeping It Seriously Simple are both having a bad case of the "Blahs." I know these thoughts only too well. Some might suggest just ignoring the feeling and soldiering on. But I think it is a sign of frugal fatigue and should be combatted by a small amount of personal, fun spending. One nice meal out or a single overnight getaway won't break the bank, and may well help get someone who is suffering back on the frugal track. At least, if we don't do it every week!
2. Earth day came, and Grace came up short, as usual. But I am making one new concession to greening the planet--I am using (mostly, when I remember--currently, I have remembered during two of my last three trips to the grocery store) one of those ubiquitous canvas shopping bags.
3. Mighty Bargain Hunter has a lovely post about help given to a homeless woman. While I could not (or maybe, would not) have charged $55 as easily as he did, I greatly admire his deed.
4. I never thought I would consider an annuity. In fact, they have always seemed to me to be an expensive and not very effective retirement option. But this article from the Wall Street Journal has gotten me thinking.
5. And finally, for those who have e-mailed me to ask--I am feeling great. According to my doctor, whom I saw yesterday, I am the poster child for anyone recovering from heart surgery. I've lost 11 pounds and I'm walking every day--something I should have been doing over the past year. Too bad it took this wake-up call to get me serious about weight loss and exercise!