Wednesday, December 26, 2007

The Killer Week Before the New Year

Am I the only one who finds the week between Christmas and New Year's Day to be a financial black hole?

The truth is, I spent all my money for Christmas. Christmas is close enough to my next payday (December 31) that I didn't pay close attention to the fact that there are 5--count'em, FIVE--whole days before that paycheck arrives. My daughter still thinks I should feed her during those five days. Actually, since she's on her Christmas break, she's of the opinion I should also cover movies, take her to lunch and otherwise help her occupy her time in ways that financially impinge.

So yes, I stayed within my Christmas budget. But--um--no, I'm not exactly within my monthly budget.

C'mon, 2008! Get here quickly!

1 comment:

Heather said...

We had extra money left but I added that to our credit card payment. It is going to be tight for us as my pay tomorrow and dhs pay the following day will be going on our other bills and mortgage...sheeshhhhhh.

I agree, bring on the New Year, look out 2008 cause here we come!